Ron Reikki

I’M IN A FOREIGN COUNTRY AND I KNOW I’M NOT GETTING THE JOB

but we still have to finish this meal.
They bought me durian for dessert;

eating it is like preparing an essay
for a teacher you hate.  The woman across from me

is a drunk, but she works here.  How did she
get in?  We eat.  We don’t know what to say.

I start talking about Jeff Noon’s Vurt
but no one’s heard of it.  Now I feel

like I could vomit.  I’m ready to kill someone
for a job.  When they’ve never had to work for one.





PAM (STARING INTO THE SUN)

I keep thinking about when she left.
There was this burning smell in the riot
of my breaths.

                        I think the greatest horror
is realizing you can’t kiss someone again.
I think it’s too fiery, these realizations . . .

The past only leaves you with steam.

1 comment:

Palatine Tree Removal said...

I enjoyyed reading your post